Friday 9 December 2011

Stir Fried Assorted Mushrooms


I never like mushrooms since young. I will avoid it at all costs as I think it is boring, tasteless and lack of crunch. However, it is rather strange that I am starting to appreciate mushrooms nowadays.

There are many health benefits of eating mushrooms. Mushrooms have low sodium and fat, and they are high in fibre. They are also known to improve the body's immune system as they have a high antioxidant content. If cooked properly, they can be delicious too!

I love putting assorted mushrooms together and cook them. I think it's boring to consume one kind of mushroom, so putting different mushrooms together adds variety to the dish. I learn to cook this dish from watching a cooking show and I experiment it and adapt from there. Being a lazy person, I prefer to do simple cooking. Hence, I cut down many steps and make adaptions. Surprisingly, this dish tastes refreshing and good.


Ingredients - Serves 2

Food ingredients:
- 1 stalk king oyster mushroom, sliced into strips
- 5 button mushrooms, sliced
- 6 fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pc boiled bamboo shoot, cut into strips.

Seasonings:
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise

Cooking Directions:
1) Heat up the oil in a pan and stir fry garlic till fragrant.
2) Add in the mushrooms and bamboo shoots and stir fry till almost cooked.
3)  Add in light soy sauce and continue stir fry.
4)  Add in mayonnaise, and quickly off the heat. Mix the mayonnaise well with the mushrooms.

5) Sprinkle some chili powder or crushed red pepper for a more vibrant taste. I use the Japanese chili pepper here as it goes very well with the mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment